Mount Everest is a mystery land and highly renown worldwide. The Everest Region seems to have been explored enough but its not enough yet. The region is a prime travel destination in Nepal. It offers many adventure activities like Trekking, Climbing, Skydiving, Skiing, Ice Climbing and Rock Climbing etc. This is what makes the Everest region is a dreamland to every adventure lover. Autumn and spring seasons are best to explore this region. Each and every corner of the region is highly beaten by the tourist worldwide. Also, it is home land of Sherpa people. The culture and festival of the Sherpa peoples is always remarkable.
In this blog, we are trying to expose some beautiful facts about Everest and Everest Region.
1. “Sagarmatha” is the Nepali Name of Everest and “Chomolongma” is the Tibetan word. The mountain is highly sacred for Buddhist Sherpa People of Khumbu Region.
2. The Lonely Planet has ranked Everest region in sixth best destination in the world to travel.
3. Everest Region is popularly known as Khumbu Region. The word Khumbu is derived from Sherpa language.
4. More then 5500 Climber successfully scaled worlds crown Everest from every corner of the world.
5. For the successful summit of World’s crown Mount Everest it takes normally 50/55 Days.
6. The youngest person to scale the Everest is Mr. Jordan Romero (USA), 13 years old and the oldest is 80 Yuichiro Miura Japanese.
7. There are more than 150 dead bodies still missing in Everest.
8. George Everest, Surveyor General of India from 1830 to 1843, discovered Everest in 1841 at a first time representing from Europe.
9. Khumbu/Everest Region is a homeland of Sherpa People.
10. The Khumbu is a glacier believed to be the result of the last great Ice Age, 500,000 years ago. The high Himalayan ranges and Everest was the result of continues collide between Indian and Tibetan plate. Every year, the Indian plate move towards Tibetan side, which is the main reason of continuous raising the size of Everest. It is believed that the height of Everest raise by 2cm in each year.
11. The Khumbu’s elevation ranges from 3,300 metres (11,000 feet) to the 8,848 m (29,029 ft) summit of Mount Everest, the highest place on Earth.
12. The whole Khumbu Region is situated in Sagarmatha National Park, decleared in 1971 also listed in World Heritage Site.
13. The Sherpa villages like Namche Bazaar as well as the villages of Thame, Khumjung, Pangboche, Pheriche and Dingboche situated in Khumbu Region. The Sherpa villages are main attractions point to the tourist. These villages also the best teahouses and lodges for guest.
14. The Lukla Airport of Everest Region is considered as a world’s popular Airport, situated at height of 2860m.
15. Four of eight world’s highest mountain can see in Everest Region. It is home to many high altitudes mountains including, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Cho Yue, Amadablam, Island Peak, Lobuche Peak and Mera Peak Etc. Since 1990, the region is popularly known to be a best mountain climbing hub in the world. Also the every climbing peak has unique features like highly technical, easy mountain, and trekking peak etc.
16. The Sagarmatha National Park, Everest Region is home to some of the endangered wild animal like Lnow Leopard, Musk Deer, Himalayan Black Beer and Red Panda etc.